The best thing about the heat of summer is the summer cocktail! Nothing is more relaxing than sitting beside the pool with a tall, refreshing beverage in hand. The clank of the ice, the coolness in your hands, the feeling as it travels down your throat cooling you off from the inside! There is nothing like it. This year, I am on the hunt for the perfect summer cocktail. Normally, I am all about Absolut Mandarin and Club Soda. Cool, refreshing and low-cal. BUT....I am ready to shake it up (or stirred!) and find a new favorite. I think I have a potential, The Pusser's Painkiller.
According to their website, the infamous Pusser's Painkiller had its start at the six-seat Soggy Dollar Bar on a long stretch of white sand beach at White Bay on the island of Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. Could that sound any more perfect?
- 2 oz Pusser's Dark Rum
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Coconut Cream
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Pour the rum and coconut cream in a highball glass with ice.
- It may be made with either two, three or four ounces of Pusser's dark rum. I say go for 4!
- Add the pineapple juice and a good splash of orange juice.
- Shake well.
- Sprinkle generously with nutmeg and ENJOY!
- What do YOU think is the perfect summer cocktail? Post it here and we will have a summer's worth of ideas to test out!
CHEERS! And Enjoy your summer responsibly.
Painkiller is a registered trademark of Pusser's.